2013 Monthly Meeting Schedule
- July 27 (Saturday): Red Arrow Hobbies 3PM EST - Using Radio Tracking to Locate Rockets
- August 24 (Saturday): Red Arrow Hobbies 10AM EST - Equipment Cleaning & Election Meeting
- September 21 (Saturday): Red Arrow Hobbies 3PM EST - How to Make Sugar Motors
- October 19 (Saturday): Red Arrow Hobbies 3PM EST - How to Make Your Own Ignitors
2013 Launch Schedule
- November 16-17 (Saturday & Sunday): Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch
- December 21 (Saturday): Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch
2014 Launch Schedule
- January 18 (Saturday): Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch
- February 15 (Saturday): Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch
- March 15 (Saturday): Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch
- April 26-27 (Saturday & Sunday): Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch
2014 Monthly Meeting Schedule
- May 17 (Saturday): To Be Announced
- June 21 (Saturday): To Be Announced
All Michiana Rocketry launches are 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, MI (E.S.T) time unless otherwise noted on the home page.
*Fall and Spring dates can vary depending on farmer's crop schedule
Any date can change due to weather or other factors
Check this website or your e-mail for last minute updates.
* Denotes a Michigan Team-1 Event
GENERAL LAUNCH INFO / RULES
- Our launches are open to the public. In addition to our own members, others are welcome including non members, spectators and TRA or NAR members. Persons under 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
- Since we are a prefecture of Tripoli Rocketry Association (TRA), our launches follow the Tripoli Research Safety Code.
- National Association of Rocketry (NAR) rules are observed as well, Model Rockets Safety Code and High Power Rocket Safety Code.
- Any flier wishing to fly Level 1, 2 or 3 must have their current TRA or NAR membership card indicating their level.
- Tripoli insurance is in effect during the launches.
- Michiana Rocketry, TRA or NAR memberships are available at the our launches.
- Level 1 and Level 2 qualification for both TRA and NAR are available at our launches provided you inform us in advance. We must have proper paperwork and a qualified person on hand. Proper qualification is necessary to fly H motors and above.
- Vendors such as Red Arrow Hobbies, Impulse Buys, etc. are often at our launches selling, kits, motors, parts, etc. But if you need something specific, please make arrangements in advance.
- The dirt in the area fields is very black and often has wet spots. Wear proper footwear and don't wear your best jeans.
- Please pick up your trash and take it with you.
- Please supervise your children.
- 6 Pads for Model Rockets (A thru E ) - 1/8, 3/16 or 1/4 rods
- 8 pads for Mid Power Rockets (F, G, H)
- High Power rockets (I and up) - 3/16", 1/4, 3/8", 1/2" rods; 6' standard 1" rails and a 12' standard 1" rail.
- 1 extreme pad for larger, high powered projects with 1 1/2" x 12' extreme rail. The extreme pad will accommodate a 1" rod.
- Please let us know a few days in advance if you require the extreme pad. Bring your own rod if your need is larger than 1/2" but no larger than 1"
- Our FAA (Federal Aviation Authority) altitude waiver is 12,000' with a call-in window on request of 16,000"
- Register for the day at the registration table.
- EVERYONE that flys a rocket must fill in and sign a daily form. You will be asked to show your TRA or NAR card if flying Level 1, 2 or 3.
- Prepare your rocket (without igniter) and bring it to the RSO (Range Safety Officer) for inspection.
- Check with the LCO (Launch Control Officer), he will suggest the pad for your rocket.
- Finish prep and igniter at the prep table and put your rocket on the proper pad.
- Write the pad number on your flight card and give it to the LCO.
- Wait for your flight to be announced.
- For all certification flights, check with the Prefect before any launch procedure.
DAILY LAUNCH FEES
|Children Under 18 Years of Age...
|Adult Member Low Power G motors & smaller...
|Adult Member High Power H motors and Above...
|Adult Non-Member Low Power G Motors & Smaller...
|Adult Non-Member High Power H Motors & Larger...
|Membership extends from July 1st to June 31st...Annual dues...
MOTELS - Three Oaks Area
All the motels convenient to the Three Oaks launch field are just west of I-94 on or near Laporte Rd. at Exit 1. Exit 1 is the first exit south of your exit to Three Oaks.
- Holiday Inn Express, 1500 Holiday Drive (just off Laporte Rd. and visable from I-94). 269-469-3436 or 1-800-465-4329
- Best Western Plaza Hotel, 18800 Laporte Rd. 1-800-780-7234
- Rodeway Inn, 18830 Laporte Rd.
- Edgewood Motel, 18716 Laporte Rd. 269-469-3345
- O'Briens Inn & Resort, 11539 O Brien Ct. 269-627-4364
THREE OAKS MAP & DIRECTIONS
- Traveling from North or South on I-94, take Exit 4 East toward Three Oaks/Niles.
- Continue East past Three Oaks 2 miles, turn South on Avery Road, after about 1 miles, watch on your right for vehicles, porti potti, etc out in the corn fields.
- Turn right on the farm road just before the drainage ditch.
- If you're driving West on US 12, Avery Road is about 4 miles West of Galien.
- GPS coordinates (driveway onto launch field) N 41o 46.615 W 086o 34.348- Altitude 700