2014 Monthly Meeting Schedule
2014 Launch Schedule
- November 15th & 16th: Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch
November 22nd & 23rd: Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch, with a 22nd night launch rescheduled due to weather
- December 6th & 7th: Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch, with a night launch on the 6th
- December 20th: Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch
2015 Launch Schedule
- January 18th: Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch Launch Postponed for the weekend of the 24th
- February 21st: Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch
- March 22nd: Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch
- April 18th & 19th: Michiana Rocketry - Three Oaks Launch, with an 18th night launch
- June 13th and 14th: Possible combined JMRC, MMAR, and SMASH launch - details TBA
2015 Monthly Meeting Schedule
- May : To Be Announced
- June : To Be Announced
All Michiana Rocketry launches are 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, MI (E.S.T) time unless otherwise noted on the home page.
*Fall and Spring dates can vary depending on farmer's crop schedule
Any date can change due to weather or other factors
Check this website or your e-mail for last minute updates.
* Denotes a Michigan Team-1 Event
GENERAL LAUNCH INFO / RULES
- Our launches are open to the public. In addition to our own members, others are welcome including non members, spectators and TRA or NAR members. Persons under 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
- Since we are a prefecture of Tripoli Rocketry Association (TRA), our launches follow the Tripoli Research Safety Code.
- National Association of Rocketry (NAR) rules are observed as well, Model Rockets Safety Code and High Power Rocket Safety Code.
- Any flier wishing to fly Level 1, 2 or 3 must have their current TRA or NAR membership card indicating their level.
- Tripoli insurance is in effect during the launches.
- Michiana Rocketry, TRA or NAR memberships are available at the our launches.
- Level 1 and Level 2 qualification for both TRA and NAR are available at our launches provided you inform us in advance. We must have proper paperwork and a qualified person on hand. Proper qualification is necessary to fly H motors and above.
- Vendors such as Red Arrow Hobbies, Impulse Buys, etc. are often at our launches selling, kits, motors, parts, etc. But if you need something specific, please make arrangements in advance.
- The dirt in the area fields is very black and often has wet spots. Wear proper footwear and don't wear your best jeans.
- Please pick up your trash and take it with you.
- Please supervise your children.
- 6 Pads for Model Rockets (A thru E ) - 1/8, 3/16 or 1/4 rods; micro and mini rails
- 8 pads for Mid Power Rockets (F, G, H)
- High Power rockets (I and up) - 3/16", 1/4, 3/8", 1/2" rods; 6' standard 1" rails and a 12' standard 1" rail.
- 1 extreme pad for larger, high powered projects with 1 1/2" x 12' extreme rail. The extreme pad will accommodate a 1" rod.
- Please let us know a few days in advance if you require the extreme pad. Bring your own rod if your need is larger than 1/2" but no larger than 1"
- Our FAA (Federal Aviation Authority) altitude waiver is 12,000' with a call-in window on request of 16,000"
- Register for the day at the registration table.
- EVERYONE that flys a rocket must fill in and sign a daily form. You will be asked to show your TRA or NAR card if flying Level 1, 2 or 3.
- Prepare your rocket (without igniter) and bring it to the RSO (Range Safety Officer) for inspection.
- Check with the LCO (Launch Control Officer), he will suggest the pad for your rocket.
- Finish prep and igniter at the prep table and put your rocket on the proper pad.
- Write the pad number on your flight card and give it to the LCO.
- Wait for your flight to be announced.
- For all certification flights, check with the Prefect before any launch procedure.
DAILY LAUNCH FEES
|Children Under 18 Years of Age...
|Adult Member Low Power G motors & smaller...
|Adult Member High Power H motors and Above...
|Adult Non-Member Low Power G Motors & Smaller...
|Adult Non-Member High Power H Motors & Larger...
|Season launch pass (covers launch fees and does not include membership dues)
|Membership extends from July 1st to June 31st...Annual dues...
|Lifetime Membership (does not include launch fees)
MOTELS - Three Oaks Area
All the motels convenient to the Three Oaks launch field are just west of I-94 on or near Laporte Rd. at Exit 1. Exit 1 is the first exit south of your exit to Three Oaks.
- Holiday Inn Express, 1500 Holiday Drive (just off Laporte Rd. and visable from I-94). 269-469-3436 or 1-800-465-4329
- Best Western Plaza Hotel, 18800 Laporte Rd. 1-800-780-7234
- Rodeway Inn, 18830 Laporte Rd.
- Edgewood Motel, 18716 Laporte Rd. 269-469-3345
- O'Briens Inn & Resort, 11539 O Brien Ct. 269-627-4364
THREE OAKS MAP & DIRECTIONS
- Traveling from North or South on I-94, take Exit 4 East toward Three Oaks/Niles.
- Continue East past Three Oaks 2 miles, turn South on Avery Road, after about 1 miles, watch on your right for vehicles, porti potti, etc out in the corn fields.
- Turn right on the farm road just before the drainage ditch.
- If you're driving West on US 12, Avery Road is about 4 miles West of Galien.
- GPS coordinates (driveway onto launch field) N 41o 46.615 W 086o 34.348- Altitude 700